1/ The nutritional value and benefits of sweet potatoes:
- Preventing vitamin A deficiency: Because of the beta carotene content, sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A for the body. After we eat the sweet potato, the beta carotene in the potato is converted into vitamin A by the liver, each molecule of beta carotene produces two molecules of vitamin A.
- Managing diabetes: The consumption of sweet potatoes helps minimize the occurrence of insulin resistance. These bulbs have a low glycemic index, meaning they release sugar slowly into the bloodstream, compared to other starchy foods. This stable release helps to control a person's blood sugar. Therefore, sweet potatoes can be used to regulate blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes mellitus (diabetes). In addition, this tuber has magnesium and high fiber content which is very important in the management and prevention of diabetes.
- Reduce stress levels: Sweet potatoes are high in magnesium, an important mineral for the body to function properly. In addition, magnesium also has a great use to help reduce anxiety and stress.
- Promotes anti-inflammatory activity: Not only does it contain a good amount of vitamins with excellent anti-inflammatory properties, but sweet potatoes also have high levels of choline. Choline is a very wonderful nutrient. One of the best benefits of choline is that it reduces the body's inflammatory response, leading to less inflammation. In addition, sweet potatoes contain anthocyanins, important substances for preventing and reducing inflammation in colon cancer cells, and reducing cell proliferation in some cancer cells.
- Cancer prevention, protection and treatment: Purple sweet potatoes are especially effective in combating cancer. The ingredients in purple sweet potato can inhibit the growth of specific cancers such as stomach cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer. The high anthocyanin concentration in purple sweet potatoes is the reason why this root is helpful in anti-cancer activity in breast and stomach cancer. Sweet potato extract can kill prostate cancer cells, ensuring that the cancer does not spread or grow to any other part of the prostate. ung thư tuyến tiền liệt, đảm bảo rằng ung thư không lan rộng hoặc phát triển đến bất kỳ bộ phận nào khác của tuyến tiền liệt.
- Help protect ulcers: Ulcers occur when inflamed tissue sloughs off and can be very painful. Sweet potato extract is great for protecting the gastrointestinal tissues from ulcers caused by aspirin. Therefore, sweet potatoes can be used in the management and treatment of gastrointestinal ulcers.
- Minimize the risk of cardiovascular diseases: Sweet potato extracts contain high levels of polyphenols, which will prevent oxidation, helping to reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases. It also contains soluble fiber, which is closely linked to a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. Therefore, anthocyanin, fiber, polyphenols ... in sweet potatoes are very helpful in combating cardiovascular diseases.
- Contains antibacterial properties: These potato extracts contain antibacterial properties against bacteria that cause typhoid and pneumonia. The fiber content of sweet potatoes can help reduce the growth of bacteria in foods. This is why sweet potatoes are used in the prevention and treatment of various infections and diseases.
- Improve hair and skin: This root is rich in vitamins A, C and E good for hair and skin.
- Digestive support: Sweet potatoes help improve digestive and gut health issues due to their high fiber content. The consumption of sweet potatoes can increase the amount of fiber needed by the body to help the normal process of digestion. This root is also very helpful in preventing constipation
- Regulating blood pressure: Because it is rich in potassium and magnesium, the consumption of sweet potatoes can help control blood pressure effectively. A higher intake of potassium results in lower blood pressure. This helps reduce the risk of coronary problems or stroke. In addition, magnesium is a mineral that helps reduce blood pressure thereby helping to prevent hypertension effectively.
- Increased fertility: Thanks to the high amount of vitamin A, sweet potatoes become one of the best vegetables for women of reproductive age to help boost fertility. Vitamin A plays a major role in improving reproductive performance and a deficiency of this vitamin can lead to secondary infertility in women. In addition, sweet potatoes also contain iron, a very good mineral in promoting fertility.
- Improve eyesight: Vitamin A in sweet potatoes helps improve vision. This vitamin is not only important in the formation of various pigments that are responsible for light absorption by the eyes but also maintains the proper structure of the retina.
- Enhance memory: Sweet potatoes contain anthocyanins, a substance with strong antioxidant properties. Therefore, eating sweet potatoes can be highly effective in improving memory
2/ Phân loại:
- Purple sweet potato
- White sweet potato
- Honey sweet potatoes
3/ Raw material area:
Sweet potatoes are scattered throughout the West, but are most concentrated in Vinh Long