1. Nutritional value:
Nutrition facts in medium sized banana (100 grams): 89 calories, 75% water, 1.1 grams protein, 22.8 grams carbohydrates, 12.2 grams sugar, 2.6 grams fiber, 0.3 grams fat.
- Bananas are rich in pectin which is a type of fiber brought about by its spongy structure. Unripe bananas contain resistant starch that acts as soluble fiber and is eliminated through the digestive tract. The pectin and resistant starch in bananas can lower blood sugar levels after eating and reduce cravings by slowing stomach emptying.
- Fiber has been linked to many health benefits including improved digestion. One medium banana has about 3 grams of fiber.
- For those who are starting to lose weight, banana is a good choice because it contains few calories but is very nutritious. Moreover, unripe bananas contain resistant starch, so it will make you feel full for a long time and reduce appetite.
Popular types of bananas today.
- Areca banana.
- King banana
- Aromatic banana
- Pip banana
4. Raw material area:
- From the North to the South, the plains as well as the mountains, there are bananas everywhere and in every season. Banana tree in Vietnam is a vegetable, a fruit, a food, a food. The annual production of bananas in our country is also quite good, in addition to domestic consumption, we also export a large amount.
- Some central and southern provinces have quite large banana growing areas (Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Khanh Hoa, Dong Nai, Soc Trang, Ca Mau have an area from 3,000 ha to nearly 8,000 ha). Meanwhile, the northern provinces have the largest banana growing area such as: Hai Phong, Nam Dinh, Phu Tho... has not reached 3,000 ha.
5. Production process:
- Selecting, sorting
- Wash and prepare
- Cut into seeds or pieces according to specifications
- Packed and frozen